4 Day Home Stay at Titicaca Lake
The Titicaca lake is one of the highest on its kind worldwide at 3,800 meters above sea level and can navigate a quite long distance and hours between both shores due its 58,000 m2. Once offshore it can be difficult to detect the main land, and can get confused of been in a lake or at sea.
The home stay at titicaca lake tour, is about exploring the Titicaca lake and interact with its people who live in the islands. They kindly will welcome us to share their ancestral way of living and make our travel a memorable one. For our home stay at titicaca lake tour top service, we will be using a Catamaran which to reach quickly the islands allowing us to spending more time between locations.
This time our home stay at titicaca lake tour, will allow us to live longer the legend of the Incas.
Price per person
Itinerary at a Glance
ON THE WAY TO PUNO & TITICACA LAKE
HOMESTAY, UROS FLOATING, TAQUILE & LUQUINA ISLANDS
LUQUINA ISLAND - PUNO
We will departure from Cusco, on our home stay at titicaca lake tour, in Puno. This morning we will pick you up from your hotel and drop off you to the bus station.
Puno is a southeastern town of Peru, located on the shore of Titicaca lake, helds the legend of Manco Cápac and Mama Ocllo. The trip is full of valleys with fabulous landscapes which indeed it will captivate your full attention.
During our travel to Puno, we will stopping at different locations, until we get to this altiplano city. Some of the locations are:
- Andahuaylillas: Sistine chapel of South America: this church is one of the most beautiful examples of Andean popular religious art.
- Raqchi (Wiracocha God Temple): This was an Inca church of monumental dimensions; 100 meters long, 26 meters wide and 14 meters high. The temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows 11 giant columns -
- La Raya: This is the halfway point between Cusco and Puno and also the highest point (4,335 meters above sea level). The landscapes here are stunning and typical Andean animals like the llama, alpaca and vicuña are common. It is also the geographic border between the two cultures - Quechua and Aymara.
- Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the altiplano. There are interesting lite-sculptures and tombs.
At Punto town, we will pass the overnight in Puno.
Today, we have an early day to get on our home stay at titicaca lake tour,, as soon as you finish your early breakfast, we will collect you from the hotel and get to Titicaca lake port between 07:40 am and 08:00 am. At the Titicaca lake port, we will board a boat and sailing to the legendary Uros Islands.
At the moment you are sailing the lake, you will realise the enormous size of it which at some point it will play your judgment of the Titicaca lake source.
The Urus people do live in a traditional way, living from fishing, and handmade crafts, you will observe on this handmade floating reed islands. The Urus will show you around the floating village and also their hand made boats which are been used as their way of transporting their goods to main land or visiting nearby islands.
Finished our visit at the Uros island, we will continue our home stay at titicaca lake tour, in a beautiful 3 hour boat ride and reach Taquile Island. At Taquile island, we will split into smaller groups to share some time with the local families. They will offer us lunch and will entertain us with a traditional performance for the occasion of your visit.
There is also the opportunity to trek to the top of the island local mountain (4,150 m.a.s.l) to see the Temples of the Pachamama and Pachatata.
Later in the afternoon we will farewell the local families and back to the Island port and sailing to the peninsula Chucuito until we get to Luquina Karina island another local community. The local families will welcome us to their homes to spend the night with food and authentic music prepared by them. Karina community has the white sand beach of Lake Titicaca which means activities like fishing, farming can be experienced and shared with us.
It has been an amazing experience on this side of the home stay at titicaca lake tour, sharing some time with the Karian community and learn their ways of living. After having our breakfast, we will give a farewell to the local families and take our boat towards the port of Puno. We will be sailing for approximately two hours until we arrive to mainland and back to your hotel after 5:00pm.
We want to thank you in joining our home stay at titicaca lake tour, and now you have become part of our extended Inca family. Our reward will be to pass now your experiences of this tour to your friends and family.
Finished your breakfast, you will get transfer to ( price varies according to your selection) two options:
- Option 1: Transfer to Juliaca airport located only 45 minutes away from Puno.
- Option 2: Transfer to the bus station in Puno for your back to Cusco.
End of services.
- All transfers in/out, airport, hotel, bus and train station.
- 2 Nights at 3 star hotel.
- 2 Breakfast at the hotels.
- 2 Lunches on day 1 and 2
- 1 Dinner on Day 2
- Round trip Bus tickets
- Entrance fees per itinerary
Price Not Includes
- Meals that are not stated otherwise.
- Single supplement fee