Today we will get to our final destination, Machu Picchu and complete the whole Lares trek machu picchu.
After taking your breakfast at 05:45 am we leave this town and get the first bus to Machu Picchu. The ride will take us around 20 minutes to get to the top of the hill. Our aim is to get to the ancient citadele when the sunrise over the city.
The first impression of Macchu Picchu is its fantastic location which mix very well with the whole nature around it. Very far away at the back the Andean mountains and snow peaks. The whole view it will just take your breath away that is for sure.
Our guide will give you a 2 hour guided tour and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourself.
If you have done the arrangements during your Lares trek machu picchu, you will know that in order to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu at 2.720m/8,890ft above the sea level, you will need a permit. To climb the Huayna Picchu mountain which is the one facing the ancient city, It takes around 45 minutes to reach the top.
Once you finish exploring the city or part of it, your guide will meet you in Aguas Calientes to have lunch and to receive your train tickets back to Cusco. The return to Cusco takes about four hours with a bus transfer in Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
If desired, we can arrange for you to have an extra night in the town of Aguas Calientes. Please let us know whether you would like to stay an extra night when booking your tour.
You got so far here because we have captivate your attention on what is going to happen on this Lares trek machu picchu adventure. You can also review the magnificent 5 day Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu.
Attractions we will visit
- At 4,200 m above the sea level, is located next to the Cordillera Vilcanota which we will visiting during our Lares trek machu picchu.
- It is a traditional weaving village in which trekkers often try their hand weaving skills invited by the locals meanwhile we visit the place within the Lares trek machu picchu.
- A traditional Quechua farming community about an hour’s drive above Ollantaytambo on a dusty road. This farming community, welcome travelers doing the Lares trek machu picchu or other trekking routes.
- Village of Lares, A remote area, in which this community keep its ancestral traditions. On our Lares trek machu picchu you will see the local people farming their land well as being occupied making colorful textiles using the ancient Inca technique.
- Ollantaytambo, located in the Sacred Valley, the village form part of the local Inca site, famously known for its temple of the sun. This temple has enormous blocks of rock perfectly carved and polished, also has stone water fountains, stairs and terraces.
- Officially called Machu Picchu Pueblo, it is a small town at the bottom of the valley next to Machu Picchu, and the principal access point to the ancient city on our Lares trek machu picchu.
- A Royal estate, dated to the period of the two great Inca rulers, Pachacuti Inca Yupanqui (1438–71) and Túpac Inca Yupanqui (1472–93). It is estimated that no more than 750 people lived there at a time.
- The citadel was declared locally as a Peruvian Historic Sanctuary in 1981, by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1983 and In 2007, Machu Picchu one of the New Seven Wonders of the World from worldwide Internet poll.
- It seems was the residence for the high priest and the local virgins. The Incas built a trail up the side of the Huayna Picchu and built temples and terraces on its top at 2,693 metres (8,835 ft) above sea level. You can access with a permit during your Lares trek machu picchu.
Some benefits by choosing us
We are an award-winning company, recognized throughout the local tourism industry for our service and dedication to our clients. The services offered by Valencia Travel Cusco meet or exceed accepted international quality standards.