3 Day Titicaca Lake
On what we know as Peru, there were diverse cultures in the north, center, east and south of their regions. All these cultures showed their dominance to the elements of the earth and fought among themselves to remain independent. However, in the South East, it would begin by the year 1200 A.D the formation of the Inca empire which would bring together all the existing cultures under its dominion.
This Titicaca Lake 3 Days tour, will take us to the legend, where the history of the Incas began with the arrival of a couple that emerge from Lake Titicaca. The couple were wearing ornaments and vestments that impressed the people who inhabited the lake. Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo were this couple, who dedicated themselves to teach the local people how to organize and learn fieldwork for their better survival. Time after, Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo, under the order of god Wiracocha was sent to seek new fertile land to found his new Empire. With a stick-shaped gold bar, Manco Capac hit several grounds on his travel, and what he thought could be good soil the gold bar did not sink. Until the final moment arrived and the gold stick sank and he founded its city, name Cuzco (navel or centre).
Traveling to this legendary Titicaca Lake 3 Days tour will show us its islands, people and traditions as well as the beauty existing at this incredible hight. Live with us the dream of tracking the steps of the Inca legend.
Price per person
Itinerary at a Glance
On the way to Puno (B, L)
Floating Uros and Taquile Islands.
We will departure from Cusco, on our Titicaca Lake 3 Days tour to Puno. This morning we will pick you up from your hotel and drop off you to the bus station.
Puno is a southeastern town of Peru, located on the shore of Titicaca lake, helds the legend of Manco Cápac and Mama Ocllo. The trip is full of valleys with fabulous landscapes which indeed it will captivate your full attention.
During our travel to Puno, we will stopping at different locations, until we get to this altiplano city. Some of the locations are:
- Andahuaylillas: Sistine chapel of South America: this church is one of the most beautiful examples of Andean popular religious art.
- Raqchi (Wiracocha God Temple): This was an Inca church of monumental dimensions; 100 meters long, 26 meters wide and 14 meters high. The temple is divided in two naves and each nave shows 11 giant columns -
- La Raya: This is the halfway point between Cusco and Puno and also the highest point (4,335 meters above sea level). The landscapes here are stunning and typical Andean animals like the llama, alpaca and vicuña are common. It is also the geographic border between the two cultures - Quechua and Aymara.
- Pukara: This is the most important and oldest ceremonial center of the altiplano. There are interesting lite-sculptures and tombs.
At Punto town, we will pass the overnight in Puno.
Today, we have an early day to get on our Titicaca Lake 3 Days tour, as soon as you finish your early breakfast, we will collect you from the hotel and get to Titicaca lake port between 07:40 am and 08:00 am. At the Titicaca lake port, we will board a boat and sailing to the legendary Uros Islands.
At the moment you are sailing the lake, you will realise the enormous size of it which at some point it will play your judgment of the Titicaca lake source.
The Urus people do live in a traditional way, living from fishing, and handmade crafts, you will observe on this handmade floating reed islands. The Urus will show you around the floating village and also their hand made boats which are been used as their way of transporting their goods to main land or visiting nearby islands.
Finished our visit at the Uros island, we will continue our Titicaca Lake 3 Days tour, in a beautiful 3 hour boat ride and reach Taquile Island. At Taquile island, we will split into smaller groups to share some time with the local families. They will offer us lunch and will entertain us with a traditional performance for the occasion of your visit.
There is also the opportunity to trek to the top of the island local mountain (4,150 m.a.s.l) to see the Temples of the Pachamama and Pachatata.
Later in the afternoon we will farewell the local families and sailing back to main land, to Puno’s port.
We want to thank you in joining this Titicaca Lake 3 Days tour, and now you have become part of our extended Inca family. Our reward will be to pass now your experiences of this tour to your friends and family.
Finished your breakfast, you will get transfer to ( price varies according to your selection) two options:
- Option 1: Transfer to Juliaca airport located only 45 minutes away from Puno.
- Option 2: Transfer to the bus station in Puno for your back to Cusco.
End of services.
- All Transfers in/out to the bus station - hotel
- Round trip bus tickets from Lima – Nazca - Lima
- Ballestas Island tour
- Over flight on Nazca Lines
- 1 nigth accommodation at (3*** Casa Andina hotel or Similar standard)
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 lunch
- Entrance fee per itinerary
Price Not Includes
- Single supplement fee
- Meals that are not stated otherwise
- Airport taxes ($10 USD)